Answered

Connect units do not go into standby.

• 25 July 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have 3 Connect Amps and 1 connect all connected to my wifi. Controlling them i have 3 ipads in different room with the app installed.

After listening to music and i stop the music the connect units never go in to standby and are always running warm \ hot.

How can i force the units to go in to standby when i have finished with them ?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 26 July 2017, 11:20

Sonos standby isn't a deep sleep mode, there is still a good bit of power use and they will stay warm. You'd want to plug them into a power monitor like a Kill-A-Watt (about $20) meter to see the actual power usage. Mine old ZP-80s run several degrees warmer than the environment and that is with a good bit of air movement and passive heatsinks sitting on top.

If You had Connect Amps or one of the Play series you'd likely see a bigger power drop in standby as the amp should draw less power as well as the Sonos core electronics.

Power use: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/260/kw/power%20use
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

They do that automatically; and depending on the ambient temperature in the room, can remain warm in stand by mode, so it is important to let them have some air/space above them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Sonos standby isn't a deep sleep mode, there is still a good bit of power use and they will stay warm. You'd want to plug them into a power monitor like a Kill-A-Watt (about $20) meter to see the actual power usage. Mine old ZP-80s run several degrees warmer than the environment and that is with a good bit of air movement and passive heatsinks sitting on top.

If You had Connect Amps or one of the Play series you'd likely see a bigger power drop in standby as the amp should draw less power as well as the Sonos core electronics.

Power use: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/260/kw/power%20use