Answered

Connect S15 won't factory reset

• 21 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I've had problems with my S15 gen 2 Connect that have gotten progressively worse.  In addition to this device, I've got 6 Play:Ones, one ethernet connected for Sonosnet, that are still running normally.   I'm running S2. First, the S15 showed up in my system and played for awhile and then would stop playing.   Tricked it back in by joining a group but went away fairly quickly.  Then it disappeared from the system altogether so I did a factory reset and added it back into my system successfully but it went back to playing only briefly before stopping.  

Now it has vanished from the system again and won't progress to the flashing green point of a factory reset.  Flashes white 4 times fairly strongly with slight flickering on the 4th flash and then stutters on the 5th and very faintly has orange on the pause/play button.  Continues to cycle through like this.

Okay.  Plugged the Connect into the router directly.  Now will flash green for awhile but then not.  Successfully added the Connect back into the system during one of these green intervals.  Now status light alternates between normal steady white and flashing white but almost entirely flashing.  Plays when steady, disconnects when flashing.  

So, back to where I started, really.  S15 is in my system but will only stay connected briefly.  

I'm leaning towards the S15 being in the process of dying in some way as I'm having no issues with the rest of the system.  Regrettable, since the S15 was running nicely in the S2 app until now.  

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 21 February 2021, 18:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Scott Of The Sahara, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community and letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this. It looks like your Sonos Connect reboots itself and the light on the front will flash white when this occurs. This could be a power-related issue with your Sonos Connect. At this point, I recommend contacting our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement. If you have further questions or concerns, please let us know and we’ll be happy to assist you.

Badge

I've got a couple older Connects at another house.  Maybe I'll try a power cord from one of them and go from there.  Long shot. The status light seemed to have developed a slight flicker when this all popped up.  Power supply?  Thanks for the input.