Answered

Connect out of range?

• 13 August 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I need to set up some outdoor music for a birthday party. A musician friend has loaned me his keyboard amplifier (Traynor K2) with a 3 way internal speaker system. As well as a Bridge and some Play:1 and Play:5 speakers, I have a Connect hooked up to my stereo and its location is "Music Room". Controller is an ipad mini. I hooked up the Connect to the keyboard amp, and it plays fine, inside the house. The music needs to be set up outside however, and when I moved the gear to the desired spot, which is about 20' away from the place where it did work, I'm not able to add "Music Room" to the current Rooms group, and I can't browse for music.

Is there any way I can make this work maybe by moving things around?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 August 2017, 02:38

No worries.

Since it's a one time use, probably easier to just string that ethernet cable, rather than doing multiple tests with wifi to figure out the appropriate placement.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

If you have other Sonos speakers, you could try putting one by a window halfway between the two spots, but if was me, I'd just get an Ethernet cable of 25 or 50 feet bad string the Connect to the router directly, since this is a temporary setup.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Thanks! I think the Ethernet cable is a good idea.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Thanks, Bruce. The ethernet cable sounds like the way to go.
Oops... haven't mastered forum replies.
No worries.

Since it's a one time use, probably easier to just string that ethernet cable, rather than doing multiple tests with wifi to figure out the appropriate placement.