Answered

Connect Multiple Rooms to SONOS 1

• 26 December 2020
  • 6 replies

I have Sonus 1.  I also have a RUSSOUND system.  All connections look intact.  This system used to work in 4 rooms until I upgraded to a MACBOOK PRO.  The Music library on SONOS is connected.  Clicking on “Rooms” on SONOS does not work.  How do I connect to the other three rooms the work through RUSSOUND?

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 3 January 2021, 00:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Minerva

Welcome to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. To help you check why you're unable to connect to your Sonos 1, I'll be requesting a diagnostic report submitted from your Sonos system. Please don't forget to include the confirmation number in your response to look into your system and find out the cause. We'll wait for your reply.

Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.

This is the confirmation number.  I am unable to get SONOS Controller 1 to play music in three of the four rooms where it has played in the past.  I have a RUSSOUND speaker system.

In the controller app, tap More to open the options menu.

I do not see “MORE” anywhere on my SONOS Controller.  I used this link to get to what I’ve copied above:https://www.support.com/how-to/how-to-fix-a-failed-sonos-update-13083

file:///Users/barbarakrobertson/Documents/Sonos%20S1%20Controller.html.   This file is a screenshot of what I see when I open SONOS CONTROLLER 1 on my MAC.

The only diagnostic report I can get is 945338922.  I click on Diagnostic Report.  Multiple screens repeat “Submitting diagnostic report” over and over.  Only Family Room appears at the bottom of this screen which keeps repeating.  If I continue clicking on “Submit,” the same thing occurs repeatedly.  I have watched this now for about 5 minutes.

Thank you.

*Moderator Note: Please censor personal information when posting.*

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Minerva

Thanks for your response and for submitting the diagnostic. Upon checking the report, there's no issue found in your Sonos system and it's up-to-date.

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps and see if it will work for you.

• Uninstall the Sonos app on your Mac computer.
  • Download and install the Sonos S2 app by clicking this link.
  • Once installed, open the Sonos app and connect to your existing system.

If you still getting the same error after performing the steps above, it would be best for you to contact our phone support team to help you out and to remotely access your device to find out what's going on in your system.

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Minerva, thanks for your response. The diagnostic confirmation number is invalid. Is this the first time that you will connect your Sonos 1 to your Russound speakers? I’d be glad if you can walk me through how you connect your Sonos 1 to your Russound speakers. Also, please submit another diagnostic report for us to check your Sonos system. We’ll wait for your reply.

Thanks, Rowena.  I’ve tried this repeatedly and get the same message.  I’ll try the support team.