Connect Issues after 10.4

• 11 September 2019
  • 6 replies

10.4 bricked my connect, cant connect to the internet or find it with an updated sonos app

6 replies

Why don’t you open a new thread, add some details, and ask for assistance, I’m sure the community would be happy to help.

Conversely, you could contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.
opened a ticket and got nowhere, the connect is running at 100mb not 1000. looking for assistance here, trying a new unit
the connect is running at 100mb not 1000.
Correct. Its Ethernet is 10/100. To avoid hijacking this thread kindly open a new one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi @chris.c, I went ahead and moved your post to a new thread, and the relevant replies to it.

To help out, some more details would be a great place to start. What's currently happening with the Connect? In the tech world, "bricked" is kind of a specific term meaning "powers up but does nothing and responds to nothing". But it gets used a lot to mean other things. Are you able to see it in the system? Is the Ethernet not working?

What steps have you taken so far? What did the support team say when you contacted them? The more details the better.
it powers up, i can see the mac address but not pingable, its mac reserved. i went thru the usual steps of tech support and they said they cant do anything if its not connecting to the internet which it isnt. this has been up and running for 3 months, the last communication was at 3:59am with the 10.4 update and never responded after that. i reset the connect and can see it in the app but cant get past the play + volume up connection part, just times out
Thanks, Ryan, appreciate moving this to it's own thread.

chris.c, is this the only Sonos component you have, or do you have others?

What do you mean when you say you can 'see the mac adress'? Does that mean it is showing up in your router's DHCP table as connected? And I guess the corollary is that it doesn't show up in the controller app?

When you say you've "reset the connect", what does that mean? Did you do a factory reset on it, or did you do a power cycle by unplugging it from the power source, the plugging it back in?