connect dropping off network

• 5 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all

i know there are a number of queries on Connect dropping off a network and I have read the majority. Following advice I bought a Boost, set it up, I see all my speakers and the Connect have WM:0 against them….Connect still dropping off after a minute or 2. I have tried all 3 channels, 1 is the worst, 6 & 11 about the same

Am I looking at a faulty Connect?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

While there is always a possibility of faulty electronics, your report of varying success using different SonosNet channels leads me much more towards radio / wifi interference of some type. What happens when you temporarily use an Ethernet cable to wire this CONNECT?

The best way to tell if indeed there is a fault in the CONNECT is to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of having it ‘rejoin’ the network, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Hi Bruce, thanks for the reply. I decided to reset all devices , all bar the Connect have picked up the Boost network, the Connect is reporting WM:1 and of course dropping  dropping off the network, any idea why the Connect isn’t using Boost?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Sounds like a network card defect to me.  Contact support.