Answered

Connect device disconnecting randomly

• 19 March 2021
  • 4 replies

I use the Sonos App on my iPad with the device Connect that is connected to my router and to my HiFi amplifier. 

The Connect device disconnects after a few minutes. I can sometimes reactivate it through my Sonos App, and I hear music again. But after two or three tries, the Sonos App can no longer find the Connect device. 

The problem appeared about a month ago (in March 2021). Before, for more than a year, there was no problem. 

Any suggestions what the problem is? And how to solve it? 

icon

Best answer by Xander P 23 March 2021, 11:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @hradjy, and welcome to the Sonos Community!

A couple of questions that should help us get to the bottom of this;

Is the Connect wired directly to the router via Ethernet cable?

Are there any other routers, access points, or wireless extenders in use?

When the Connect drops off, is there any change in the status light? Does it start to flash at all?

If you press the Play/Pause and Volume + buttons simultaneously after the Connect has dropped off, does the light react? (The Play/Pause button may be a Mute on older models)

Answers to Xander P questions: 

• The Connect is wired directly to the router via Ethernet cable. 
  • There are no other routers, access points, or wireless extensions in use. 
  • When Connect drops off, there is no change in the status light. It does not flash. The light remains on, either fully or with slight shimmering (i.e. the intensity of the light is varying slightly. 
  • If I press the Play/Pause and Volume + buttons simultaneously after the Connect has dropped off, there is no change in the light. 
Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @hradjy, thanks for getting back to us :)

If the LED doesn’t react at all when pressing the Play/Pause and Volume + buttons, that would indicate an internal fault - I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team via either live chat or phone call, so that they can look in to troubleshooting or replacement options.

Let us know how you get on!

Sonos agreed for me to return to them my defective Connect device, which they quickly replaced. Now it works well, except for the following: 

My music library is on my MacBook Pro, but I can not access it from my Apple iPad to play to the Connect device (connected to my HiFi amplifier). Any suggestions what I can do?