Answered

Connect Amp will not power on

• 29 April 2018
  • 4 replies

My connect amp will not power on. I have tried multiple working outlets with no success. Is there an internal fuse that may have blown and can be reset? I do not even know how to access the internal parts of the amp.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 April 2018, 04:23

No, there's no internal anything that would require opening the case. In fact, if you do so, it invalidates any potential warranty/replacement claim you may have. Your best bet would be to call Sonos to discuss it, before trying to open it.
View original

4 replies

What is this yellow resister?
Mverick I have a connect amp and I am getting power on the ac1 circuit but not on ac2. Ordered some slow blow fuses thinking it was blown. What else should I check. When I meter ac1 I get power pretty much across every contact point.
My connect amp had the same problem. Mine was more than a year old so I was out of luck. Sonos offered me an exchange for $349 but they are less expensive on eBay so I declined. With nothing to lose, I opened the case and found a defective resistor in the power supply. It was a 10 ohm 2 watt metal film resistor and it tested open. I replaced the resistor and my Sonos amp recovered! There is a 5A fuse on board (soldered in) but mine was OK.

I am an advanced tech with decades of experience and I would not advise trying this unless you are good with tools and electronic test gear, familiar with switching power supplies, and an expert with a soldering iron.
No, there's no internal anything that would require opening the case. In fact, if you do so, it invalidates any potential warranty/replacement claim you may have. Your best bet would be to call Sonos to discuss it, before trying to open it.