Answered

Connect Amp will not power on

• 29 April 2018
  • 4 replies

My connect amp will not power on. I have tried multiple working outlets with no success. Is there an internal fuse that may have blown and can be reset? I do not even know how to access the internal parts of the amp.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 April 2018, 04:23

No, there's no internal anything that would require opening the case. In fact, if you do so, it invalidates any potential warranty/replacement claim you may have. Your best bet would be to call Sonos to discuss it, before trying to open it.
View original

4 replies

No, there's no internal anything that would require opening the case. In fact, if you do so, it invalidates any potential warranty/replacement claim you may have. Your best bet would be to call Sonos to discuss it, before trying to open it.
My connect amp had the same problem. Mine was more than a year old so I was out of luck. Sonos offered me an exchange for $349 but they are less expensive on eBay so I declined. With nothing to lose, I opened the case and found a defective resistor in the power supply. It was a 10 ohm 2 watt metal film resistor and it tested open. I replaced the resistor and my Sonos amp recovered! There is a 5A fuse on board (soldered in) but mine was OK.

I am an advanced tech with decades of experience and I would not advise trying this unless you are good with tools and electronic test gear, familiar with switching power supplies, and an expert with a soldering iron.
Mverick I have a connect amp and I am getting power on the ac1 circuit but not on ac2. Ordered some slow blow fuses thinking it was blown. What else should I check. When I meter ac1 I get power pretty much across every contact point.
What is this yellow resister?