Answered

Connect:Amp - White light comes on when plugged in and then turns off

Recently my Connect:Amp stopped working.  The unit does not have the white light on and will not show in my system with the other Connect:Amps and Amps.  I unplugged the unit, waited about 30 seconds, and then plugged it back in.  The white light came on for about 3 seconds and then turned off.  It will not come back on even if I hold down the play button or a combination of the front buttons.  Please help.

icon

Best answer by buzz 9 July 2022, 18:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The Connect Amp maybe connecting to a different Sonos HH perhaps, but first, as a quick check, do you see it in the Sonos App when it’s cabled direct to the router/LAN?

In my opinion there is a hardware fault.

Normally, while booting, the status light will flash brightly. Near the end of the boot cycle the light may dim a little and if the unit is very old, the light may become too dim to see easily. Also note that there is a status light option in Settings → System → [player] → Status Light. This setting will take control of the light after the boot is complete.

If you wire the unit to the network, the unit’s port lights should be active. If not, there is a hardware or network cable fault.