Question

Connect Amp repeating song or audio stream over and over and over

• 15 December 2016
  • 4 replies

I've been using a new Connect Amp for a few months now, and have been dealing with this issue consistently.

I have 1 zone right now. I plan to buy additional Connect Amps, but not until this gets resolved.

I have an iPad I use to control the Connect, as well as my iPhone, and my wife's iPhone.

Regardless of where I start playing music from, a song will play for a random amount of time, and then just start again from the beginning. Usually about half way or three quarters of the way through a song it will go back and repeat from the beginning.

It also does this when I stream from Pandora, Amazon, or Sirius XM. It's become unusable to play an album or listen to the radio, as it keeps going back to repeat the audio so many times.

Since XM is a continuous stream, I'll listen to a radio program, and every so often it will reverse back about 30 seconds and start from that point again.

Next steps?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

First can we eliminate the following, although it really isn't the behaviour one would expect.

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1060/~/shuffle,-repeat-and-crossfade-songs

Then it sounds like some general network communication problem.

The usual suspects are IP address conflicts and wireless interference. If you have a Sonos component connected by Ethernet to your router, make sure it's at least three feet from the router and on a different channel (at least 5 channel numbers apart). Maybe try changing router channel as well. Do not have the router channel set to “Auto”. Are there other wireless devices near your router, such as a cordless phone or baby monitor, which might cause interference?

To clear a possible IP conflict, do a complete network reboot. Power down your router and absolutely everything that connects to your network - phones, printers, Smart TV etc, and of course Sonos gear. Turn on the router and let it come up fully. Then power on any wired Sonos component, then other Sonos components, then everything else. One device at a time, and let each come up fully before doing the next.

If none of that helps, submit a system diagnostic when the problem occurs and post the confirmation number back on this thread.

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142/~/submit-system-diagnostics
Thank you!

I will try your suggestion.

I was thinking it could be interference, as my router is far away from the Connect - second floor, and in a far bedroom. There is also a baby monitor, two apple TV's, 2 iPads, and iPhones in the mix.

The iPhones downstairs seem to have wifi cutting in and out quite often, but none of my other devices do.

My initial thought was that since the Connect was so far from the router, maybe it cuts in and out.
Distance may well be the issue. Is the C:A your only Sonos component? No component wired to router? If not then a Boost wired to the router might be the answer. Or pick up a couple of Bridges for next to nothing on eBay and wire one to your router and put the other half way between router and C:A. But let's see how the other suggestions do first.
Yes that's the only Sonos component. No component wired to router.

I'll follow up after the other suggestions.

Thanks again