Connect amp not outputting anything and not showing up on my Sonos

Badge
  • Contributor III
  • 12 replies
I have a Sonos system around my house and a Connect amp into which I have a CD player and wired speakers connected directly. It used to work but now no longer outputs anything. The Connect does not show up on my Sonos app, but when I add it in Settings "Add a player or Boost" it says it sees the Connect Amp and does the whole connection sequence no problem, saying it is connected. But it is not. I have re-connected it several times, rebooted etc etc and obviously have turned the volume up on the Connect itself. Any ideas??

15 replies

Couple of suggestions, which may or may not work.

First, try power cycling the CONNECT. I'm not sure whether a "reboot" that you mention is that....and in case it doesn't, it's worth a mention. I'd also suggest a reboot of the router you have.

The other thing I'd recommend is connecting the CONNECT:AMP with an ethernet cable to your router, and see if that makes a difference. If it does, it might point to an issue with wifi interference causing your amp to disconnect frequently enough to cause an issue in re-adding it.

It might help if you were to submit a system diagnostic , and call in to Sonos to discuss it. There may be data in the information that is submitted that might help the techs at Sonos pinpoint the issue.
Badge
Thanks Bruce. I will try these
Hi Dougk,
Did you get your problem resolved? My Sonos Amp suddenly stopped working (after a sonos software update).
I have turned the power off and on several times. A white light appears (which suggests it was connected before). But the Sonos amp does not show up in the list of speakers available. Nor can I "add a player or sub". The green flashing light does not come on...it just stays white. Eventually the white light goes out ( after 15 minutes or so).
I have tried connecting to the Amp with a solid Ethernet Cable..but to no avail.
No matter what I do the Sonos Amp seems to be invisible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
As was suggested above, submit a diagnostic (with the Amp powered on for a half hour or so) and on Monday call into Sonos support so they can look at things.

You could post the diagnostic here and wait for Sonos Staff to see it but you'll likely be told to call in then.
I have to same problem. Both my connect amps have stopped showing up/working in Sonos
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Barney_2 wrote:

I have to same problem. Both my connect amps have stopped showing up/working in Sonos

Hi Barney_2,

Do you have any other Sonos units that do show up? If so, this guide may help you get your Connect:Amps back.

If you're unable to connect to any of your components, try the steps found here.

Please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number if you're still having troubles.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Did any of those reporting issues find a solution? I've been fighting with my Connect Amp for months now. It originally started after a software update. It's on ethernet. I've reset my router several times. Reset the Amp literally dozens of times. I won't will only show up in my controllers periodically...but won't play anything. I have 4x Play 1s on wireless with no issues at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
DFury wrote:

Did any of those reporting issues find a solution? I've been fighting with my Connect Amp for months now. It originally started after a software update. It's on ethernet. I've reset my router several times. Reset the Amp literally dozens of times. I won't will only show up in my controllers periodically...but won't play anything. I have 4x Play 1s on wireless with no issues at all.

Hi DFury,

It's hard to say what's going on with your Connect:Amp without a bit more information. Please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos app then reply here with the confirmation number.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Jeff S wrote:

DFury wrote:

Hi DFury,

It's hard to say what's going on with your Connect:Amp without a bit more information. Please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos app then reply here with the confirmation number.

Jeff, thanks for the reply. I uploaded my diagnostic number into the thread that I had started sometime back...https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-amp-not-being-recognized-can-t-repair-to-account-i-m-out-of-ideas-6809747/index1.html#post16268849
Did anyone find a solution to this issue? I have a Sonos Amp, it's worked for years, then the last update, it does not show on my network. I set it up again using a CAT5 wire from the router, it worked without issue, connected it to Wifi, worked without issue on my PC Laptop running Windows 7, using the Windows Sonos app, and it worked from my Android phone using the app. This was last weekend, I then tried it today and it's not showing in Windows Explorer in the network window, not showing in the Windows app or the Android app. In the Windows Explorer network window I can see my Yamaha stereo, both Rokus, smart TV's, and they are all closer to the router than the Sonos Amp. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sonos123456 wrote:

Did anyone find a solution to this issue? I have a Sonos Amp, it's worked for years, then the last update, it does not show on my network. I set it up again using a CAT5 wire from the router, it worked without issue, connected it to Wifi, worked without issue on my PC Laptop running Windows 7, using the Windows Sonos app, and it worked from my Android phone using the app. This was last weekend, I then tried it today and it's not showing in Windows Explorer in the network window, not showing in the Windows app or the Android app. In the Windows Explorer network window I can see my Yamaha stereo, both Rokus, smart TV's, and they are all closer to the router than the Sonos Amp. Any suggestions?

Thanks

HI there,

Are there any lights on the Connect:amp? If so, what happens when you press and release the play/pause button? Does rebooting the Connect:Amp make it show back up?

Please submit a diagnostic report from your system and reply with the confirmation number.
No lights are on, if I restart it the white light flashes, it reboots, and does not show up on the network through wifi. If I plug in the cat5, shows up, I can them put it on wifi, and then a few days later it no longer has wifi connection.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sonos123456 wrote:

No lights are on, if I restart it the white light flashes, it reboots, and does not show up on the network through wifi. If I plug in the cat5, shows up, I can them put it on wifi, and then a few days later it no longer has wifi connection.

It would be best to have our phone team take a closer look at your Connect:Amp. Please give us a call, our phone number and hours are found here.
I have a connect along with 4 play 1s. all the play 1s are visible. The connect is invisible. Tried the reboot, didn't work. White flashing light on the connect.
thx
Talked to a Sonos support person, did a factory reset (unplug, hold the pause top button, plug back in while holding the top button), redid everything, installed it on my system, it works. A few things. Don't use 5 only 2.4 wifi, 5 will give you an error during setup. You have to start with cat5, the menu on the app will guide you through when to remove the cat5 after you are on wifi. You can no longer add or reset from a Windows Desktop app, you have to be on an Android or iPhone. Several updates and changes occurred about five updates ago changing many things such as the required login. This is when I started to have issues. Submitted diagnostic and everything is now working. The guy from Puerto Rico was fantastic on the phone. My old ZP is up and running, thanks everyone.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings