Connect Amp no sound out of speakers

• 21 January 2021
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I got a connect amp it was working and then when I came home tried to play music and no sound I've tried new speaker wire and even tried different speakers still no audio it shows that it has sound  in the amp  at least the bars are moving no flashing lights  ive also reset several times too 

diagnostic number  71709510

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I suggest that you refrain from factory Reset without further consult because Factory Reset rarely cures fundamental issues and it does trash the diagnostic data.

I got a connect amp it was working and then when I came home tried to play music and no sound I've tried new speaker wire and even tried different speakers still no audio it shows that it has sound  in the amp  at least the bars are moving no flashing lights  ive also reset several times too 

diagnostic number  71709510

The ‘moving bars’ prove little.  For example, they will show up on a selected line-in source if it has a cable in it, even if there is no music playing device at the other end of the cable.

Check you haven’t accidently muted it (it wouldn’t be the first time on here, please don’t be offecnded). What different sources have you tried?

Ditto @buzz ‘s comments re factory resets. 

I've tried line in and Spotify   as well as music on my phone still  no sound  double checked and its not muted  

I've tried line in and Spotify   as well as music on my phone still  no sound  double checked and its not muted  

I assume you’ve double-checked the wiring, so it might just be best to get the Sonos Support Staff to take a look at your earlier diagnostic report… you can contact/chat to them via this LINK

Yes got a new section of wire disconnected the other speaker and ran a short run to do testing