Connect:Amp lost from SONOS app and I can't get it back

• 28 November 2021
  • 5 replies

My Connect:Amp has disappeared from my SONOS app. I also have a PLAY:1 and PLAY:3 and both show and work.

All were bought new and installed when I moved to a new home 5 years ago and have worked perfectly until now.

I’ve tried powering the amp off and then back on, but it just doesn’t appear. The network hasn’t changed.

I’m sure to be doing something wrong, or missing a trick but would appreciate some tips please. I haven’t found anything here that has helped so far.

5 replies

Does it work when you cable it to the LAN?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Check your router’s DHCP table to see if it is on the network at all.

Starting about a week ago, Im having the same issues

Ive tried Rebooting, restoring factory defaults and reinstalling.  It says it connects but never shows up in the APP

I have the device back online now.

It took a combination of the helpful replies: first I checked the router and it wasn’t there in the DHCP tables. I re-tried simply disconnecting and reconnecting, but with no result. The amp is just across the room from the router, so WiFi signal should not have been a problem.

I had put off connecting via ethernet cable as the amp is right at the top of a kitchen cupboard - necessary to connect to the ceiling speakers the last owner installed… the reason I bought the amp.

I shifted the amp to another room that has a tp-link switch and connected via a 16’ cable, albeit with no speakers. On powering on, I was invited to install the new device by the app, which I did successfully.

The problem then was - I had no sound, so I disconnected and moved it back to its original location, crossing fingers it would still work. It did.

So problem solved but I may buy a longer 20’ cable to drape through the house should it happen again, simply to reconnect it and save the faffing about disconnecting and lugging.

Thanks for your replies.

Mind you, I still don’t know why the system lost an amp that had worked successfully for five years.

Starting about a week ago, Im having the same issues

Ive tried Rebooting, restoring factory defaults and reinstalling.  It says it connects but never shows up in the APP

I can only suggest trying to temporarily cable it to make the reconnection. Worked for me. Good luck!