Answered

Connect:Amp Line-In - Won't wake if input level too low

• 23 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Connect:Amp

Software Version: 67.1-25031

Hardware Version: 1.17.3.1-2.1

I have a TV playing audio through the Connect:Amp’s line in. The volume is loud enough and everything works well apart from one thing.

If there is some audio produced by the TV after a period of silence, the Connect:Amp misses the first second of the audio. If the audio after the period of silence is less than a second long, or not loud enough, the Connect:Amp does not output the sound at all to the speakers.

Would anyone know how to solve this annoying problem?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 24 February 2022, 12:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I don't know how to solve it, but the C;A was not designed or intended for TV sound so it doesn't entirely surprise me.

Which audio output are you using?

Apart from the issue I described, it has been working really well powering two bookshelf speakers with the TV but also various other devices. The issue occurs with any device connected via line in. The CA seems to go to sleep and require a long and loud enough signal to wake up and then misses the first second of the audio. 

If the issue is the CA going to sleep then is there a way to keep the CA awake even if there is no signal. Which audio output am I using? It’s either a phono output (TV) or 3.5mm jack output (PC or other devices like my digital piano).

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Apart from the issue I described, it has been working really well powering two bookshelf speakers with the TV but also various other devices. The issue occurs with any device connected via line in. The CA seems to go to sleep and require a long and loud enough signal to wake up and then misses the first second of the audio. 

If the issue is the CA going to sleep then is there a way to keep the CA awake even if there is no signal. Which audio output am I using? It’s either a phono output (TV) or 3.5mm jack output (PC or other devices like my digital piano).

I suspect that rather than going to sleep, the device is buffering the audio.  As @John B stated, this device isn’t intended for use with a TV.

Ah, that would make sense. Okay. Thanks for the help, John B and UKMedia.