Answered

Connect AMP keeps loosing connection

I have a Connect AMP and it seems to keep loosing it's connection or what I would call resetting. For example, the music will stop playing and the volume will change back to it's default. It seems to be connected for only a minute before the issue happens again. Nothing has changed except for some updates that I can think of, here is the diagnostic number 203515883. Any clue what is going on? I have soft restarted the AMP and WiFi Router. My AMP is connected via WiFi.
icon

Best answer by Chris 12 May 2018, 22:15

Sounds like an IP address conflict on your router. Do you know how to assign new static IP addresses in your router.

If you don't then the next best thing is unplug turn off as many network devices in your house as you can to get them all off your router. Reboot router and then turn back on your network devices. Hopefully you turned of the offending device that is holding on to an IP address it shouldn't and messing up your sonos.

If you don't find and turn off the offending device then it will keep messing up the IP address even after router reboot.

That's why the permanent and best solution is just give your sonos units new fixed IP addresses of their own that other devices then won't try to take.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sounds like an IP address conflict on your router. Do you know how to assign new static IP addresses in your router.

If you don't then the next best thing is unplug turn off as many network devices in your house as you can to get them all off your router. Reboot router and then turn back on your network devices. Hopefully you turned of the offending device that is holding on to an IP address it shouldn't and messing up your sonos.

If you don't find and turn off the offending device then it will keep messing up the IP address even after router reboot.

That's why the permanent and best solution is just give your sonos units new fixed IP addresses of their own that other devices then won't try to take.
Setting a static IP address did the trick. I have a Bitdefender Box and I think that it was what caused the issue like you said. So giving it a static IP via the Box did the trick...thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Great news