close to unusable

• 12 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Really frustrated with the system fora few months now.

The whole system keeps disappearing! I’m having to switch off my WiFi and then back on again to try to find it. It’s happening more and more. Spoke to Sonos and sent a diagnostic but nothing turned up.

It can be playing but when I go to add another song the whole system goes again!!

Hate having problems with Sonos and this is the worst I’ve had.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Bluesb1970.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. I totally understand the frustrations of getting your Sonos to work. Allow me to help you out by sharing some information based on further research about your Sonos profile so we can better understand how Sonos works and what needs to be done for Sonos to work in your situation.

Based on a little research with your Sonos products and Sonos account, I found out that you have submitted diagnostics in the past and the diagnostics displayed multiple access points/routers/WiFi extenders. I would suggest reaching out to the manufacturer of the mesh system/access points/WiFi extenders so that the system can be configured in bridge mode or access point mode or which option best fits your preference (the main objective is to disable the mesh from generating their own IP-address).

• Have each access point have their own unique Wi-Fi name as so you and your mobile controller do not get confused about what and where to connect to access your Sonos system.
  • Disable Wifi Capabilities of the Main router that provides connection directly to your ISP or internet provider.
  • Disable the DHCP or IP-address generation of the Access point and only allow the main router to generate the IP-addresses to avoid IP-address mismatch or IP-address duplicates.
  • Wire a Sonos device to one of the routers/access points to get them to stay on a single network (having each access point have their own unique WiFi names).

Let me share with you a topic in this community that discusses multiple routers. You can share and ask questions or comments on that topic if something is not clear. 

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks fir your email Paul.

Just for clarity I only have one router and no mesh is being utilised. I’m going to call Sonos tomorrow to discuss further. Strange that it’s showing multiple routers. Perhaps it’s because my router is dual band and I need to change the settings??

Hi. Could you provide some info about which Sonos devices you have?

Are any of your devices connected to your router by Ethernet?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Playbar wired to router. Sub, play 5s(s2), play 3s, play 1s, moves and beam all wireless 

Please would you look in Settings,  System, About My System and let us know which speakers have WM:0 and which have WM:1.

Do you know which wireless channel your router is using? What about  Sonos (Settings,  System,  Network. )