Answered

Cliff

• 24 March 2018
  • 3 replies

When I click on my Sonos icon all I get is a window that suggests I check my connections. I am hardwired to the controller. The Play 3 speakers seem to be connected. (Have a white light). The light on the controller is white with green and orange lights on the enthernet cord. Can't get past the trouble shooting window!
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 24 March 2018, 23:34

I'd try shutting down your controller and your Sonos devices, then power up one Sonos (a wired one) and let it finish booting up and then add the others one at a time. then restart your controller and see if that helps.

If it does you might avoid this problem by assigning static IP addresses in your router's DHCP settings. Make sure to use ones outside the DHCP Pool range to avoid possible conflicts later.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What device are you running the Sonos app on. The device may have some connectivity issues.

Make sure it is connected to the correct home wifi that is the same as the router your Play:3 is on.

If still trouble suggest if phone going to phone settings...wifi settings... tell it to forget the home wifi. Reboot phone. add the home wifi back to phone to make sure its connecting properly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I am confused what this hard wired controller your talking about?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I'd try shutting down your controller and your Sonos devices, then power up one Sonos (a wired one) and let it finish booting up and then add the others one at a time. then restart your controller and see if that helps.

If it does you might avoid this problem by assigning static IP addresses in your router's DHCP settings. Make sure to use ones outside the DHCP Pool range to avoid possible conflicts later.