Answered

Client lagging - is there a quick way to for e a refresh?

• 12 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

So my client (latest release version on up to date iPhone 11) sometimes doesn’t update when the song being played changes, and in this situation, adding a song via “Ply Next” means it also gets missed.

is there a quick way of forcing a client refresh? Currently I have to close the app and reopen, but this is a royal pain in the neck if I have to do it multiple times an hour.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 12 July 2021, 21:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sounds like network issues between the mobile controller device and the speaker(s). A few quick questions may help to glean some further information that is perhaps needed, before being able to try to resolve the issue:

• What router are you using?
  • What channel(s) and channel-width are/is in use on your routers 2.4Ghz WiFi band?
  • Are you using the iOS ‘Private Address’ Mac-spoofing feature in your iPhone mobile network connection?
  • Do you have any Sonos devices wired to the LAN/Router and if so, what SonosNet channel is in use?
  • Besides the main router, do you have any other wireless access points on the network and do those access points use the same SSID/Credentials (and WiFi channels) as your main router?

Hi, 

Thanks for the response!

• My wireless router is a Huawei F2000, and I don’t have a Boost or Bridge connected to the network.
  • Channels 1, 6, 11 are in use in the 2.4Ghz band, at 20 MHz each
  • I was using the Private Address Mac-spoofing feature (thought I had turned that off, but never mind), but It’s off now, so let’s see
  • I have a Playbar wired directly and SonosNet channel 11 is in use
  • I have a couple of repeaters due to the size of the house ~5000 sq ft bungalow. They do use the same credentials and channels as the main router.

Turning off the Private Address Mac-spoofing feature seems to have made a difference, thanks. I’m still testing though.

Best,

Ruairí

Hi, 

Thanks for the response!

• My wireless router is a Huawei F2000, and I don’t have a Boost or Bridge connected to the network.
  • Channels 1, 6, 11 are in use in the 2.4Ghz band, at 20 MHz each
  • I was using the Private Address Mac-spoofing feature (thought I had turned that off, but never mind), but It’s off now, so let’s see
  • I have a Playbar wired directly and SonosNet channel 11 is in use
  • I have a couple of repeaters due to the size of the house ~5000 sq ft bungalow. They do use the same credentials and channels as the main router.

Turning off the Private Address Mac-spoofing feature seems to have made a difference, thanks. I’m still testing though.

Best,

Ruairí

The one matter arising from your reply is you mention the routers 2.4Ghz band is using all three 2.4Ghz channels 1, 6 and 11 - that’s likely not the case, as it is one channel per band at 20 MHz channel-width, unless your router is somewhat unusual and has three separate 2.4Ghz adapters - not that I’ve personally seen a router with that option, but in any event you will not want anything using channel 11 on that router, as SonosNet is using that channel. So perhaps just check that.

Your wifi repeaters may also be causing some of the delay, so also double-check they are using the same channels as your router (not channel 11 obviously). If you can cable the WiFi repeaters and turn them into WiFi access points that can often help further too.

HTH