Question

Class Action

• 12 September 2015
  • 11 replies

i have excitingly bought 3 simultaneous Sonos systems for two of our facilities and one for our home. I didn't realize what a piece of garbage this product was until the frustrating day each day of logging in only to read the same message time after time again "Your Sonos System Cannot Be Found". So I went online only to find that I'm not the only one with this issue. Actually 40 straight posts all said the same thing that the system sucks! I'd like to get my money back since the product is less than 4 months old. Its too late to return it to the Best Buy that i bought it from. So i'm looking to get a refund by way of a class action. If anyone on this forum has had the same experience, please reply and we'll push together and get some justice here.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4
LOL! Why don't you try contacting SONOS Support first because 9 times out of 10 the issue is wireless interference or network issues and the support team can diagnose that instantly. You would be saving yourself a whole ton of trouble.

Things like, are you using a BRIDGE or BOOST? Or, is at least one of your players wired into your router?
If nothing is wired into your router and you are using more than two SONOS players on your network it is probably best to get a BRIDGE, BOOST, or wire one in. If you want to strongest most reliable connection that is the way to go as it puts them all on their own network and they don't rely on your ordinary Wi-Fi connection.

SONOS Support: http://www.sonos.com/contact
I'm afraid your wish for a class action lawsuit would be laughed at by any lawyer worth his salt. All he/she has to do is take one look at the review rankings on Amazon and they'd know it was a losing cause. Why not be a little less vitriolic, not to mention more realistic, and follow the advice given above this post. Good luck.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You haven't even given Sonos a chance to help you. Sonos' tech support is amazing, and many people who have thought there was no way they could be helped have found audio bliss after a call to them. Be patient... good support can take time, both on hold and speaking to someone. But you'll likely find the solution to your problem after talking with someone.

The number to call can be found here. If you would like more assistance from those of us in the community, answer kmjy's questions and we'll be happy to help however we can.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
When I first purchased my Sonos system I had lots of troubles too! That was because I did not have it set up right. Lots of folks on this forum and Sonos tech support told my what the issue was and now I have a rock solid system 100% of the time. My whole family loves it and my 9 and 12 year old show me new things all the time with it.

I would not buy another audio product that does not say Sonos on it!

Give tech support a chance and if you still hate it I will buy them from you.

Les
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
So, next time you are having a problem run a diagnostic code. This will send a report to Sonos and the tech can pull your report and tell you far more then we can. Post the number here

Submit a diagnostic code
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142/kw/submit%20diagnostic%20

If you would like us to help you please tell us more about you system. What Sonos gear do you have and how do you have it set up?

Have a look at this thread for more tips

https://en.community.sonos.com/setting-up-sonos-228990/tips-and-tricks-and-sonos-101-6730704

Les
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Go for it.

I suggest you hire the most expensive lawyer (don't worry, they WILL see you coming), buy another 10 systems to "prove" how much garbage they are.
Or you could just put all your money in a big pile and set fire to it.
Since the OP mentioned "two of our facilities and one for our home", probably there is an enterprise "IT guy" involved who was not paying attention to the SONOS requirements and has configured a zillion subnets with everything locked down, blocking discovery. Or, the OP is attempting to use controllers through the cell network, not local wireless. In any case resolving the issue will involve lower levels of stress and much less of the OP's time than attempting to strap together a class.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

I've moved this conversation into the troubleshooting area. This should provide better visibility on the community.
LOL! Why don't you try contacting SONOS Support first because 9 times out of 10 the issue is wireless interference or network issues and the support team can diagnose that instantly. You would be saving yourself a whole ton of trouble.

Things like, are you using a BRIDGE or BOOST? Or, is at least one of your players wired into your router?
If nothing is wired into your router and you are using more than two SONOS players on your network it is probably best to get a BRIDGE, BOOST, or wire one in. If you want to strongest most reliable connection that is the way to go as it puts them all on their own network and they don't rely on your ordinary Wi-Fi connection.

SONOS Support: http://www.sonos.com/contact

Ummm... when's the last time you checked the reviews? The Google Play Store used to report almost 5 stars for the app. Now it's down to 4. Almost all complaining about the same issue. I don't know what your setup is like, but a lot of us have invested thousands of dollars; too much to be ignored. If your system is working great, then I'm genuinely happy for you, but don't scoff at the rest of us who are having problems and are very upset, it's not cool. I can't speak for the others, but I've been working with support since the update prior to this last one and have tried everything imaginable! I feel ignored, and taken advantage of at this point.
i have excitingly bought 3 simultaneous Sonos systems for two of our facilities and one for our home. I didn't realize what a piece of garbage this product was until the frustrating day each day of logging in only to read the same message time after time again "Your Sonos System Cannot Be Found". So I went online only to find that I'm not the only one with this issue. Actually 40 straight posts all said the same thing that the system sucks! I'd like to get my money back since the product is less than 4 months old. Its too late to return it to the Best Buy that i bought it from. So i'm looking to get a refund by way of a class action. If anyone on this forum has had the same experience, please reply and we'll push together and get some justice here.

I'm with you, man. I'm not trying to "Sue, sue, sue -- 'merica!", I just want what I paid handsomely for, that's all. I'm tired of being ignored and/or told it's MY problem, when other folks like yourself are complaining of the exact same issue even though nothing else has changed from our end. If you make any headway, please let us know, I'm happy to give you my contact information if you need it. Justice, indeed!
I'm with you, man. I'm not trying to "Sue, sue, sue -- 'merica!", I just want what I paid handsomely for, that's all. I'm tired of being ignored and/or told it's MY problem, when other folks like yourself are complaining of the exact same issue even though nothing else has changed from our end. If you make any headway, please let us know, I'm happy to give you my contact information if you need it. Justice, indeed!
That was two years ago, things may have changed in the meantime. Have you asked Sonos Support for assistance?