Chromecast volume using phone - not working correctly

• 30 July 2018
  • 0 replies

If I stream anything to my TV via chromecast and hit the side rocker volume keys, it appears to adjust the particular app's sound up and down accordingly. However, nothing actually happens. It's not controlling the Sonos sound at all. The only way to accomplish this is to open up the sound menu and use the Sonos volume sidebar, which only comes up in certain chromecast apps. If I'm streaming something using my Sonos, then I should be able to control the volume for that content without toggling through menus. When I had a receiver instead of the soundbar, this wasn't an issue. It's weird that even if you mute YouTube via chromecast, it doesn't affect the volume at all.

I have selected allow volume control from home screen and lock screen. I've also turned on notifications for Sonos in the Android system menu. I do not see any notification for Sonos on my home screen or lock screen. I've deleted the app, restarted the phone, deleted data, etc. Most of the time, there isn't even a Sonus volume slider when I go to the volume settings.

What's going on here and how do I fix?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.