Question

Choppy audio from Connect:AMP to LCR in ceiling speakers

• 9 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge
First time poster. I've got a connect:amp directly wired to 2 in ceiling speakers. When I'm watching TV, the sound will briefly chop in and out periodically. Weird, and very annoying. I've tried on several different tv channels, and it only seems to happen on the TV (not when I'm playing music from phone).

Any thoughts/recommendations on a solution?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
How is the audio sent to the connect:amp? Are you using a playbase/playbar and then grouping the connect:amp zone with this? Is the tv output wired directly to the back of the connect:amp? I think more information about how you are setup will help figure this out.

Although...I can't help you...because I have the same problem. I have my playbar connected to the tv, and then I group the playbar zone with the connect:amp zone. TV will cut out periodically, while music never has an issue. It isn't a high priority for me since the connect:amp zone is outside, and tv audio isn't a necessity there.

I am theorizing, but I thought perhaps the fact that the audio is over 2.4Ghz is the problem. So I directly wired my connect:amp but the problem persists. I am not 100% sure the wire is being used, and honestly, haven't spent a lot of time investigating. I'll be monitoring this thread though.
Badge
Can I just copy/paste your reply @melvimbe? That's precisely my setup.

Inside, I've got the playbar
Outside, I've got the 2 LCR's wired directly into the connect:amp (there's also a TV outside)

No issues when playing music on the outdoor speakers, but when I try to play audio from the TV (I group the LCRs with the playbar inside, not ideal), the TV audio is choppy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Yep, getting a tv out there is in the works. I have some ideas of things I can check and experiment with. I figure anything out, I'll let your know.
Badge
@melvimbe - good update here. I was able to run RCA from the cable box directly to the back of the connect:amp. Works like a charm now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If that works for your setup, that's an excellent way to do it. I'm trying to avoid that solution as the connect:amp is going to be a good 30 feet away, and I'd like the flexibility to move the tv around outside. So wireless is a bonus.

I tested my setup again, and it actually seemed to be skip free. I have the connect:amp directly wired to the network (not RCA, but Ethernet) and set the line the audio to compressed...which probably doesn't make a difference. I'm going to go with this for now. Hopefully it holds up. If not, I'm going to bite the bullet and go wireless.