Answered

Chime Alarm instead of Spotify playlist

• 25 March 2020
  • 2 replies

I only have one Sonos device, but the alarm clock never worked with Spotify.

It only works if I use a radio station. I read that it may be due to network interference, but I shouldn't have any.
In any case, here is the diagnostic number (I noticed that many publish it so I deduce it is useful): 1916974953

Another thing, is it possible to use a song that you have inside the memory of your phone as an alarm clock?
If yes, how? (Sorry but it's all very new to me)

icon

Best answer by Adam S 25 March 2020, 15:30

Hi @Stefano Ita . Thanks for the post and welcome to the Sonos Community.

It appears that you current are using Spotify’s free service.

When using Spotify free, you are only able to access audio in “Stations” and cannot directly choose individual songs or albums to be played. 

It you were to update to Spotify Premium , you should be able to set an individual song as an alarm tone.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Stefano Ita . Thanks for the post and welcome to the Sonos Community.

When using Spotify free, you are only able to access audio in “Stations” and cannot directly choose individual songs or albums to be played. 

It you were to update to Spotify Premium , you should be able to set an individual song as an alarm tone.

Hi @Stefano Ita . Thanks for the post and welcome to the Sonos Community.

This explains all thanks!
Is there any method at this point that makes it possible to use a song in the memory of my phone as a Sonos alarm clock?

It would be a shame not to be able to use the alarm clock