Question

Changed wifi router, cannot connect to router

• 13 January 2017
  • 2 replies

I bought 2 Play 1 speakers a for a Christmas gift. We got them working originally but then due to a problem with our router have a new router, new SSID and now Sonos apps on Mac and iPhone won't connect.

The only help I can find instructs me to connect to the router with an ethernet cable. This is a challenge as the router has been located in a place not easily accessible (I didn't do this, it's where the tech crew installed it) and I do not have an ethernet cable.

I tried "set up another sonos system" thinking that would work but it won't find the speakers. Can I reset the speakers to factory somehow so I can get this set up?

The whole point of my buying WIRELESS speakers was so that I didn't have to mess around with this. The speakers connected fine when I set them up but now they're two very expensive paperweights.

If anyone can help me sort this out without repeating the "connected it to the router with an ethernet cable" bit that would be helpful.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Why not change the new router's SSID and password to be the same as the last router?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Changing the SSID and password would to the trick.

Alternatively, if you can wire from any Sonos player into your computer, not the router, you could use the Sonos software on that computer to change the wireless credentials.

If you can't do that, the only other option is to factory reset your players and then you can set them up like new. This will clear out all of the settings, favorites, and playlists though. So not the best option.