Changed WIFI connection in 5ghz to my new Sonos Boost: Connection is worst than ever

• 30 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello Everybody, 

Im quite dissappointed with my recently purchased Sonos Boost. Currently i have the following Sonos System connected to my new Sonos Boost (previously connected to my router on the 5ghz band):

• 2 Sonos ONE
  • 1 Sub Gen 3
  • 2 Sonos Five

the first time i connected just the 2 Fives i had a problem with de 2.4 ghz band connection that everytime I skip songs or turn the volume up, i lost the connection some seconds with one of the speakers. I switched both to the 5ghz band, and problem solved. Then i add the other speakers and sub to the same band on my router, everything works flawlesly.

Next week i will add 1 Sonos Beam Gen 2 and 1 Sonos Arc and i thought it would be better to have a dedicated network wit the Sonos Boost since there is going to be 7 speakers connected. Well, i bought the Sonos Boost and my conection is just like the first time, im loosing the signal in some speakers. Is there something wrong im dooing? I thought it was improving my system and now i dont know. Could any one advice me?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Sonos prefers 2.4

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Wait for the problem and submit a diagnostic, call Sonos with the number and have them look at your internal data.

You might check your Network Matrix to make sure your other Sonos are using the Boost.

Add your IP:  http://x.x.x.x:1400/support/review   (Don’t use the Boost for this)

How close is BOOST to another WiFi device? Keep it separated by three feet or more.

Can I just check - the Boost is connected to your router by Ethernet and when it is every device in About My System has WM=0 next to it?  (Except for Roam and Move, which should have WM=1.)