Answered

Changed e-mail address Sonos.com - Community profile does not correspond, how to fix?

Badge +3
I recently switched to a new e-mail address, and I wanted to update the address my Sonos system is registered to as well. However, when I do that, I can no longer access my community account (this one), and it asks me to create a new community account under the new e-mail address.
It seems that Sonos registries and Community accounts are linked only by e-mail address, and if that is changed, the Community account is not updated and becomes an "orphan" . I had to change the e-mail address for Sonos registry back to my old address to be able to write this post. There is no way to separately change the address in my profile here, and the login is unified, so I cannot login to sonos.com and xx.community.sonos.com with two separate sets of credentials.
I would like to keep my username, post history, etc. Is it possible to re-link my community account to my Sonos account once the e-mail address is updated?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 29 September 2017, 21:14

Hello there, Sjoop1985:

Thanks for reaching out, apologies for the delay in response. Would you mind sending me a private message with your email addresses (both the old one and what your new one is)? This way, I can check on both Sonos.com and Community that they stay together and linked.

Just as a heads up, after any major account changes you may want to re-register your Sonos system to the new email address. Here are the steps:

On iOS or Android: Settings > Advanced Settings > System Registration > Change Sonos Account.
For Mac or PC: Select Help > Sonos System Registration > Change Sonos Account

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hello there, Sjoop1985:

Thanks for reaching out, apologies for the delay in response. Would you mind sending me a private message with your email addresses (both the old one and what your new one is)? This way, I can check on both Sonos.com and Community that they stay together and linked.

Just as a heads up, after any major account changes you may want to re-register your Sonos system to the new email address. Here are the steps:

On iOS or Android: Settings > Advanced Settings > System Registration > Change Sonos Account.
For Mac or PC: Select Help > Sonos System Registration > Change Sonos Account

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings