Answered

CD Playback Distortion on Sonos Five

• 27 September 2022
  • 6 replies

I have a 25 year old Cambridge Audio CD player plugged directly into a Sonos Five. Most CDs sound great, but some newer CDs sound distorted. How do I fix this? Do I need a new CD player? 

icon

Best answer by ratty 27 September 2022, 09:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

In the Sonos Five room ‘line-in’ settings, ‘Settings/System/(Five Room Name)’ try adjusting the line-in source level value to see see if that resolves the issue.

Ken, That has fixed it. Thank you.

I have changed the line-in from 5 to 2. 
Is 2 the optimum for CD players and turntables?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This is what Sonos advises for an “A/V-component, "which might be seen as “audio or video-component". I think a CD-player and a pre-amplified turntable can be seen as audio components. Did this change in settings solve your problem?

Level 2 has a nominal sensitivity of 2V, which corresponds to a regular line level signal from a CD player. See here.

Thank you.

This is what Sonos advises for an “A/V-component, "which might be seen as “audio or video-component". I think a CD-player and a pre-amplified turntable can be seen as audio components. Did this change in settings solve your problem?

Yes. Thanks