Cast to Sonos from Pandora App not available

• 14 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi All, I’ve noticed that when I try to go into the Pandora app and cast to Sonos (which previously worked) I now see only my non-Sonos Google Home devices (like minis and hubs) as available to cast to.  None of my Sonos rooms/speakers show up.  Not sure if somehow setting up Pandora as the default service for Google Home made it override the Sonos casting ability or not.

I can play Pandora no problem using the Sonos app, so it’s not like Pandora is disconnected from Sonos.

Tried to go into Pandora settings to see if I could re-link it to Sonos, but there’s no mention of other connected services there beyond Alexa.  So thinking the connection must come from the Sonos App...which shows the Pandora connection and plays Pandora content fine.  Just somehow lost the ability to cast from the Pandora app to Sonos.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?  Thx!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Greg_13, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

Would it be possible to reboot your router (turning it off for about 15 seconds before turning back on), followed by each of your Sonos speakers, and your phone?

Is there any change after doing so?

If not, mind sharing some more details regarding your setup; What make/model of router are you using? What make/model of phone? What version of iOS/Android is running on the phone? Have there been any recent changes to the network?

Hope this helps :)

Badge

Hi Xander, it's not super easy to restart everything.  I do periodically reboot my router though and haven't noticed a change after doing that.  I can reboot the router and unplug a few speakers (some are less accessible) if that would tell us anything.  Not sure if that restart is “all or nothing" for it to help.

I have a Netgear Orbi mesh network system (RBR50 and two RBS50s).  My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S21 5G running Android 11.  No substantial changes to the network recently although I'm not quite sure how long this casting problem has been going on.  Noticed it a month or two ago, thought it might just be a glitch and then tried to use it again the other day and was still there.  Thx, Greg

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Understood, lets try rebooting the router and a few of the speakers and see what happens - if possible, it may also be worth temporarily connecting a Sonos speaker to the main node of the mesh via Ethernet cable, and then testing if any of the Sonos speakers become available for casting.

Let us know how you get on :)