Answered

Cant play album on Sonos Move but every other device!

• 16 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi all! 

Weirdest problem! I can’t play Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend on my Sonos Move. Just get the message can’t add songs to queue. I can play anything else on the Move from the same NAS. 

Weirdly I can play Blue Weekend on my other Sonos devices. All on the same network!

If I group the album to play on multiple devices it works on the move! Little bit baffled by this as never had this issue before.

Any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 17 June 2021, 09:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sbooth 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I can’t say that I’ve ever heard of this before! I recommend you first try a reboot of everything involved - your Move, your router, your phone and your NAS.

Try playing on the Move again and if you get the same issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

The move may be on a different wifi network that does not have access to your NAS?

The move may be on a different wifi network that does not have access to your NAS?

It’s on the same network. It can play other music off the same NAS no problem at all. Just this one album won’t add to queue but all others I have tried so far do. But the album that won’t add will work perfectly on all other Sonos kit i have around the house (all on the same network).

Hi @Sbooth 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I can’t say that I’ve ever heard of this before! I recommend you first try a reboot of everything involved - your Move, your router, your phone and your NAS.

Try playing on the Move again and if you get the same issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I’ll try that tomorrow. My wife is working (from home) at the moment and won’t be best pleased if I turn the wifi off! 

I thought I’d responded to this but it doesn’t appear to have posted. So I went to reset everything but just thought I’d check to see if the Move would load the problem album. It did. I’m glad it now works but no idea why it didn’t work for the two days before. Very odd. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sbooth 

I agree - that’s very odd.

I’m glad it seems to be working now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Did the path to the music file contain non-ascii characters? If it did, and it was originally indexed by a One SL then a recent bug would prevent playback. If it was subsequently indexed by a speaker other than a One SL then the bug would have corrected itself and playback would work.

Just a theory.