cant get sub to pair with my soundbar....... ugh!

Hello,
I had a power outage the other day and after that my playbar and sub disappeared from the Sonos app (although still show up in my devices on the sonos web) After power cycle no fixing them I factory reset both. I was able to get the playbar back working but every time I try to pair the sub it gets to the point of saying its going to get the speakers to work together and then it fails (yes it recognized the sub and says its paired then it does its working together part of the setup and fails). Im about to throw the thing out the window (it costs too damn much to do that and it should just work!).
Anyone have any idea what Im doing wrong or what I can do to get the sub to pair?

thanks

George

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
gmacwalker wrote:

Hello,
I had a power outage the other day and after that my playbar and sub disappeared from the Sonos app (although still show up in my devices on the sonos web) After power cycle no fixing them I factory reset both. I was able to get the playbar back working but every time I try to pair the sub it gets to the point of saying its going to get the speakers to work together and then it fails (yes it recognized the sub and says its paired then it does its working together part of the setup and fails). Im about to throw the thing out the window (it costs too damn much to do that and it should just work!).
Anyone have any idea what Im doing wrong or what I can do to get the sub to pair?

thanks

George

Hi George,

It sounds like your SUB may be having a hard time getting a network address. Please try rebooting your router by removing it from power for 20 seconds or so. Once back online, see if you can add and pair your SUB.

If not, please submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the number.
thanks for the tip - I tried it and didn't seem to help. Ive done the diagnostic its #2033106863. When I tried to add the sub and set up the sub it said that the sub was not a sub?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
gmacwalker wrote:

thanks for the tip - I tried it and didn't seem to help. Ive done the diagnostic its #2033106863. When I tried to add the sub and set up the sub it said that the sub was not a sub?

Your SUB is showing up in the diagnostic report. This usually means that the SUB has been added to your system but hasn't been paired with a speaker. Do you see your SUB listed in the rooms menu? If so, try clicking on it and it should ask you which speaker you'd like to pair with it. Let me know the specific error if this doesn't work.
thanks for checking - when I try to add it to my playbar it says that SUB is not a sub and it cant add it. When I go into devices it says SUB (hidden) and when I open it up it looks like a non SUB device and has the add a SUB option. Somehow the SUB doesn't think its a SUB.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
gmacwalker wrote:

thanks for checking - when I try to add it to my playbar it says that SUB is not a sub and it cant add it. When I go into devices it says SUB (hidden) and when I open it up it looks like a non SUB device and has the add a SUB option. Somehow the SUB doesn't think its a SUB.

That is strange. I think it would be best to work on this issue live. Please give our phone team a call and they'll help sort things out. You can find our phone number and hours here.
Ill do that - thanks!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings