Cant Discover Sonos One from iOS app

• 26 June 2019
  • 8 replies

Have 2 Sonos one speakers on our WiFi network. They work fine and are connected Ok. iOS app can’t discover them though, even though iPhone is on the same network. iPhone X running iOS 13 public beta...

Any tips for troubleshooting?

8 replies

I have the same issues. For some reason it is not recognizing that I am on my WiFi that the Sonos is on.
Any chance you're running a wifi extender? Sonos is well known to be unfriendly with those.
No WiFi extender here. My Sonos system was working fine until I upgraded my phone to iOS 13 public beta. I have another app that was doing the same thing. My ubiquity WiFiman kept telling my I was not on WiFi until last night when I upgraded to the iOS 13 public beta 4. this issue has something to do with ios13 beta.
Sonos of course doesn't yet officially support iOS 13.

Did you try resetting the iOS network settings and re-entering your WiFi credentials? Or removing and reinstalling the Sonos controller?
Not that this helps any, but I'm having the exact same issue with mine. It sucks that there isn't a fix, but at least now that someone else has the problem I'm convinced it's a software issue with the SONOS app not being fully compatible with iOS 13 yet.
I factory reset all my speakers and was able to get them all on my app but a few days later it couldn’t connect again.
Note: If you're running an iOS beta on your controller, none of this will make a difference. Sonos doesn't support Apple's beta builds, since they change so frequently.

So, that's a good indicator of either wifi interference, or perhaps a duplicate IP address issue, which would cause the speakers to "disappear" from the controller app as they lose their connection to your router.

Take a look at that FAQ that I linked to, there's a lot of good data there, around both internal interference in your home, and external interference which you have no specific control over.

If you think it might possibly be a duplicate IP address issue (something not easily seen by looking at anything in particular, unfortunately), try unplugging all of your Sonos from power. Then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, go ahead and plug back in your Sonos devices. This will force them to get new IP addresses from your refreshed router DHCP table.
Note: If you're running an iOS beta on your controller, none of this will make a difference. Sonos doesn't support Apple's beta builds, since they change so frequently.

So, that's a good indicator of either wifi interference, or perhaps a duplicate IP address issue, which would cause the speakers to "disappear" from the controller app as they lose their connection to your router.

Take a look at that FAQ that I linked to, there's a lot of good data there, around both internal interference in your home, and external interference which you have no specific control over.

If you think it might possibly be a duplicate IP address issue (something not easily seen by looking at anything in particular, unfortunately), try unplugging all of your Sonos from power. Then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, go ahead and plug back in your Sonos devices. This will force them to get new IP addresses from your refreshed router DHCP table.

Thanks Bruce,

Thanks for clearing this up. I did try unplugging everything to reset it initially, but it didn't work. But I did look through your FAQ links and then reset my controller from the app and reset my speaker. It meant I had to start everything again from scratch but everything's working great for me now.

- Dan