Answered

cant connect my sub to arc

• 7 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Hi bought a new arc, however I can’t connect my okd sonos sub, that I used with my playbar. ? The Sonos app, keep indicating sub not found ? Is it powered on and connected the answer is yes power on I can see the light and I connected to my router via Ethernet ? Can anyone provide any help ? 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 October 2021, 21:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Ok. I have reached out to Sonos help on the chat. After all I didn’t unpair / unbond the sub from my old playbar. After their recommendation to do a factory re set on my sub. Which I successfully did, it was a child’s play to connect to the arc. 

indeed the answer was to unbound the sub from the playbar. THANK YOU Guitarsuperstar 

Userlevel 7

Have you unbonded or removed the Sub from the Playbar in the Sonos app first? The Sub cannot be bonded to the Playbar and Arc at the same time.

Userlevel 7

Were you able to unbond or remove the Sub from the Playbar?

Disconnect the Sub from the router and let it connect to your Wifi network wirelessly. Wait a few minutes to allow the Sub to connect to your Wifi and try bonding the Sub to the Arc again.

Userlevel 7

How to remove a Sonos Sub:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4806?language=en_US

How to add a Sonos Sub:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4805?language=en_US

Hi thank you for your answers. I had to connect my playbar back to my tv. Unbounded / removed my sub from the room. Then I connected the arc again, but unfortunately still the same problem ? Same as the picture I am showing 

Badge

Think you’ll find that they’re different operating systems from each other ?

Older sub and newer generation arc 

Dont know if you can have the old sub work with the new arc ?

Not sure ? How to unbond the SUB ? But I have removed the playbar now ? And I used the option forget my system on the Sonos app. 

This is the message I keep getting from the app, however as I indicated the sub is powered on, and is connected to my router via Ethernet cable. Any suggestions to have this resolved ?