Question

Cant connect my sonos move to my wifi

• 4 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I have one house with WiFi and my 2 sonos one are working well, but i want to listening music near the swimming pool but my wifi dont reach that area so i connect one cable from my router (ROUTER TP-LINK TL-WR940N) to other router in the swimming pool area, the WiFi is working very well there but i cant connect my sonos move to this new WiFi.

can someone help me?

Best regards,
João

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @casadamouta.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

I just want to clarify if the Sonos Move was previously connected to your own wifi connection?

You can try to go to the Sonos app » Settings » System » find the missing product.

If you're not able to find your Sonos Move you can just factory data reset the speaker.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hello, 

Thanks for your reply.

Sonos move was connected to the WiFi inside the house. 

I did reset to data factory the  speaker but I still can't connect.

Best regards,

Joao 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @casadamouta.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

I assumed this is the instructions you follow to Reset the Sonos move.

1. Take Move off the charging base.
  2. Press and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds to power it off.
  3. Press and hold the JoinButton-24px.png Join button and place Move back on the charging base.
  4. Continue holding the JoinButton-24px.png Join button until the light on top flashes orange and white.
  5. The light will flash green when the process is complete and your Sonos Move is ready to be set up.

If possible can you restart your main modem and router for one minute?

The light should stay flashing green to add to the system.

Make sure your phone is using the same wifi name with other Sonos devices.

Then you go to the Sonos application » Settings » System » Add product.

If still unable to find the Sonos move, submit a diagnostic report to see if there something going on with your wifi connection.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hello, 

I did all those steps but still doesn't work, so I submitted a diagnostic report. 

Bert regards, 

Joao 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @casadamouta.

Thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

I was able to see your diagnostic, the reason your move is not able to find in the Sonos app is that its not connected to Sonos cloud server, all Sonos device should be connected to Sonos cloud.

Try to following troubleshooting steps.

• Turn off the Sonos move for one minute.
  • Reboot the router and any wireless APs on the network, and bypass any suspicious network hardware (switches, APs, firewalls, etc.) that may be blocking the connection or contributing to latency.

If all-out fails I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps as well as a remote diagnostics that can be remotely gathered from your Sonos devices with your permission.

​​​​​​​

Hello,

I solved this problem, just changed the router settings to Acess Point and then i could install everything correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @casadamouta.

Thank you for reaching back.

Your feedback is great letting us know that your issue had been resolved.