Answered

Cant add play:5 gen 2 wirelessly

• 20 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi,
I have reseted the device in order to connect it to a new system setup. The s2 app recognize the device but is unable to join network.

When I try to connect it using an Ethernet cable it works smoothly.

I have 4 other devices in the same location that were connected wirelessly so it is not an app or router issue, I also restarted my router just in case.

Does anyone has an idea?

I've try to run diagnostic but the only thing I could do is submit diagnostic to the customer support.

Thanks a lot,

Eyal

icon

Best answer by ClausN 21 November 2020, 02:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Are the 4 devices already connected to your wifi newer products than the Play:5, and maybe connecting to 5 GHz wifi?

Make sure your router broadcasts 2,4 GHz b/g as Play:5 cannot connect to 5 GHz:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/126?language=en_US

If you can keep one of your Sonos devices permanently wired, it will create a dedicated SonosNet, lifting all devices off your wifi. However, sub and surround speakers cannot be wired:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3209?language=en_US

If none of above helps, submit a diagnostic within 10 minutes from trying to add the Play:5, post the number here in the community and wait for a Sonos employee to pick it up - or you can call Sonos Support with the diagnostic number.

Badge

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried to connect to a 2.4 GHz network but it's still failing.

I have also tried from Android phone. No luck.

I have submitted the diagnostic now.

There's only a confirmation number (Attached).

Thanks a lot,

Eyal

Badge

Hi,
Does anyone know how to reach a Sonos employee?
Thanks,
Eyal

Badge

Hi,

Please help me. I have no idea what to do with this unit.

Thanks,

Eyal

Here is how to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. 

Note that Sonos does not maintain support offices in every country, you may need to place an international call, if you’re unwilling to wait for a Sonos moderator to look at the diagnostic.