Answered

Cannot update music library

Userlevel 1
I added a CD of music to my NAS drive but when I update my Sonos library the CD doesn't show.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
When you ripped the music from the CD to your computer, did the software add all of the appropriate tags (title, artist, album, etc.)? If it didn't, then Sonos might see the files, but wouldn't have the information needed to add those songs to the various lists (other than the Folders list, which should be like browsing your NAS with Windows Explorer/Mac Finder). If you browse by folder rather than artist/album and the songs appear, then it is likely that those song files don't have the metadata that Sonos is looking for.
Userlevel 1
All of the album info is in iTunes. Of note is that I recently upgraded to Apple OS Mountain Lion and have had many compatibility issues since. I did all Sonos updates yesterday and it still won't update. I even but the songs in one of my playlists and it isn't in the Sonos copy. I mirror that iTunes (Lossless format) to a NAS drive and can see the album on that drive. That is the only source I use for Sonos.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hi Michael, Does Sonos give you any sort of error message when updating the music library? I'd suggest rebooting your NAS drive and then trying one more library update. I'd also suggest moving the files you added to a different folder on the NAS drive. Change the location of the files, then try another index. I want to make sure the Sonos indexing process isn't getting hung up on something like a corrupted file / folder. If you still aren't having any luck, grab a diagnostic report from your Sonos system so I can have a closer look. Follow the instructions on this page and let me know what the confirmation number is: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142 Thanks!
You have to go into settings-manage music library-update music index now.....it's kinda lame that it doesn't update on its own
User730498 wrote:

You have to go into settings-manage music library-update music index now.....it's kinda lame that it doesn't update on its own

Thanks man, great answer ...just what I was looking for!

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)