Answered

Cannot update itunes purchase

• 1 June 2018
  • 1 reply

I recently purchased an album on itunes. I have 2 albums by this artist. Sonos doesn't show this artist at all on my ipad pro. Sonos recognizes both albums on my iphone but 8 out of twelve songs are greyed out on one of the albums and wont play. My library is on a mac and neither the artist or albums will show or update on my computer's Sonos app.
All the songs are AAC audio files and the location seems to be the same as all the other songs in my library.
I have tried updating my music library from all 3 devices. My itunes and Sonos software is up to date. I would appreciate and suggestions. Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Tobylund 2 June 2018, 21:45

For anyone following this question, I fixed the problem. 2 issues. Somehow I ended up with multiple itunes/media libraries. The path to the one my Sonos was using was through the hard drive/user. The library that the recent purchase was on was through the desktop. Once I corrected that all was well.
The issue with greyed out songs on my iphone was not associated with the library location. I deleted the album downloads off my phone and then re-downloaded them. Sonos recognized them with no issue. I assume somehow the downloads were interrupted somehow and never completed?
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

For anyone following this question, I fixed the problem. 2 issues. Somehow I ended up with multiple itunes/media libraries. The path to the one my Sonos was using was through the hard drive/user. The library that the recent purchase was on was through the desktop. Once I corrected that all was well.
The issue with greyed out songs on my iphone was not associated with the library location. I deleted the album downloads off my phone and then re-downloaded them. Sonos recognized them with no issue. I assume somehow the downloads were interrupted somehow and never completed?