Answered

Cannot sign in due to network problem

• 8 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

just recently Sonos doesn’t let me sign it to my account anymore. I always get the error “Network Problem Detected - Check your internet connection and check again.

It’s very frustrating since I cannot add any services or search my favorite music. 

I am able to play my songs and radio stations that I had added to my favorites but no knew things can be added. 

i reinstalled the app, reset the WiFi network and I tried to sign out and back in but nothing helped.

The only thing that changed was that my wife wanted to add her YouTube music account to the app.  

Anybody else had this problem? 

thank you. 

Robert

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 14 December 2019, 14:55

I’m having the exact same issue. I’ve just had a new router. I power cycled everything multiple times and eventually resorted to factory resetting my devices. Now I can’t reconnect them because the app won’t let me sign in and my speakers don’t seem to have a connection to the internet. Everything else connects to the internet just fine. I’ve even tried disabling the firewall on my router to see if there was a weird rule blocking it but no luck. This is really frustrating because now my speakers are essentially just expensive bricks.

Did you follow the steps in this article?  https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge

I’m having the exact same issue. I’ve just had a new router. I power cycled everything multiple times and eventually resorted to factory resetting my devices. Now I can’t reconnect them because the app won’t let me sign in and my speakers don’t seem to have a connection to the internet. Everything else connects to the internet just fine. I’ve even tried disabling the firewall on my router to see if there was a weird rule blocking it but no luck. This is really frustrating because now my speakers are essentially just expensive bricks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sorry to hear your problem. If accessing your account is the issue you’re best off contacting Sonos support direct, rather than posting on this User community forum. 

Badge

Sorry to hear your problem. If accessing your account is the issue you’re best off contacting Sonos support direct, rather than posting on this User community forum. 

Well I can access my account, I’m using it to post this comment, the app won’t let me sign in due to “Network problem” when Sonos is the only device that has this problem

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Did you follow the steps in this article?  https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

Badge

I found the solution to my issue on the EE forums. It was down to bad DNS servers on their side and some unusual router settings. Not sure what the rules for posting external links are but this solved it for me:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/4GEE-WiFi/Using-EE-unlimited-sim-in-Huawei-b535-Sonos-Alexa-Samsung-smart/td-p/836913