Question

Cannot See WAV files

• 22 December 2013
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
I have a folder in my NAS music library which has duplicate files.  One version of the song is in m4a and the other in WAV.  However, I cannot only see one version of the file in my Library. 

I have even tried changing the file names Filename WAV.wav vs Filename.m4a and then Update Music Library Now.  Nothing changes and all I can see is one version of the file.  

Is there a setting that prevents WAV files from being seen in Sonos?

3 replies

Badge +3
Sonos does ignore duplicates so that's one possible explanation.

More likely, the WAVs aren't being picked up by the music library during indexing because WAV metadata is limited and Sonos depends on metadata to display your music in the library.  You can confirm that this is the case by browsing through your library via the Folders menu.

It is possible to set metadata for WAV files though, see this article for more information.
"It is possible to set metadata for WAV files though, see this article for more information." There is no longer any info attached to this link! Now what?
Badge +3
"It is possible to set metadata for WAV files though, see this article for more information." There is no longer any info attached to this link! Now what?
Sorry about that, we've updated the link.  It should be functional again now.