Question

Cannot re-set up SONOS system

• 15 December 2016
  • 3 replies

I am attempting to re-set up my SONOS using my iPhone, as the set up with the computer is not working at all. In general, app is slow and not responsive, but better then the computer interface.

No external audio (Amazon Prime Now, Apple Music, Pandora) sources work despite showing play lists. Songs saved locally on the phone can start playing but then stop. When trying to play songs it will say “unable to play selected song” or give me an error code 1002 and 1001.

When trying to run Tuneplay on the phone, get a note that says “check your internet connection” WiFi is just fine.

I have tried updating the app, as well as deleting and re-installing. I have also power cycled all of the SONOS components as well as my Apple devices.

Any guidance to get this up and running before the holidays?

Components
SONOS BRIDGE
SONOS PLAY:5 GEN 1
SONOS PLAY:5 GEN 1

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You have the classic symptoms of duplicate IP addresses. If you didn't power cycle your entire network, then you may be exacerbating the whole problem, and resetting Sonos isn't going to help. Before wiping out anything with resets, do the following (DO NOT SKIP ANYTHING!):

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details.
Should I also power cycle all network devices, such as NEST cameras, thermostats, WEMOs. Etc?
Yes, anything with an IP address.