Question

Cannot play on Sonos from Spotify app

• 23 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I cannot play on my Sonos speakers from the Spotify app. The speakers do not appear in the app. I have tried unlinking my Spotify account and restarting both apps, to no avail. I'm using the right wifi network. Help?

Here's my diagnostic number 1368259792

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Florentjoly,

Welcome to the Sonos Community. Thank you for reaching out to us and for submitting the diagnostic. Let me help you out with this.

Based on the diagnostic, there's interference in your wireless network that is caused by wireless congestion, and an audio playback failure was detected in your Sonos system. This could be the reason why you're experiencing audio issues.

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps to see if it will work for you.

• Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power including the Sonos Bridge.
    • Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos devices are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
    • Test playback from and observe Sonos performance.

Please submit another diagnostic report and let us know the confirmation number for us to check.

Let us know if you need help with any other information, we're here to answer any further questions you have.