Cannot initiate TuneIn podcasts from iOS

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

I have multiple podcasts saved in My Sonos from TuneIn. In recent days, I find I am unable to begin those podcasts on my Sonos speakers from an iOS device (iPhone or iPad). I CAN begin them from my Mac, however. Also, if I begin a podcast from the Mac, I am able to add one of the podcasts from My Sonos to the queue using an iOS device and those play fine in turn. Music streams from my Mac well with an occasional dropout.

My Mac and iOS devices are up-to-date with their soft/firmware. My Sonos speakers (three OneSLs and four Play:1s) are also up to date. (However, I suspect the problems appeared after the latest Sonos updates.) It doesn’t matter whether I connect my speakers directly to my Wi-Fi or use SonosNet, the problem is identical.

This setup has worked well for me for three years.

I have talked with the kind people at Sonos on the phone, but to no avail. Your suggestions are most welcome.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

In the past, when I’ve had AirPlay 2 problems, rebooting the Apple device has cleared them up. I’ve never had to reboot the Sonos products, although I wouldn’t want to say that’s a bad idea. And frankly, since the way that AirPlay 2 is communicating to your speakers via WiFi, I would think about the possibility of rebooting  the router, too. Only time is spent, there’s no cost, and it wouldn’t break anything, either. 

Bruce:

Thanks for your time and response.

Air Play 2 works great on my system. My challenges relate to streaming podcasts through TuneIn, using the links gathered in My Sonos.

Again, thanks.

Geof

TuneIn controls which content can be played over Sonos, unfortunately. Sonos has no hand in those choices.