Cannot get new Sky Remote Control to control the sound on the Sonos bar

• 11 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
I have a Samsung TV that is set up with Sky and a Sonos system with one sound bar and 2 play ones.

The Sky Remote Control that we were using was becoming a bit old and non-responsive so we decided to change that remote for a new Sky Remote. Bearing in mind that the old Sky Remote although old, still worked and turned the sound up through the Sonos system rather than through the TV’s sound system.

After going into the Playbar Settings, then choosing TV Setup and then Remote Control Setup, I then chose ‘Replace Current Remote.’

I then did exactly what I was asked of in the settings which was to point the new remote at the Sonos bar and at the same time press the + volume button. Although there was a tick indicating that the procedure was successful, all that happened was that the TV sound was going up from the TV itself and not through the Sonos system. We tried this 3 times and it would not work with the new Sky Remote.

When I tried the exact same procedure reverting to the old Sky Remote again, it then worked perfectly.

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong and why it did not work with the new Sky Remote? Why the sound did not come through the Sonos system even though the setup through the Sonos application was telling me that the procedure was successful by showing a tick?

Thanks

HB

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi Heathsidebody

Have you tried to reset and re program the Sky remote?

See here : https://www.sky.com/help/articles/program-your-sky-remote-to-control-your-tv

If you follow these instructions and when you select a manufacturer just select the manufacturer of you TV.

Then once you have re programmed the remote, try and add it to Sonos.

Do let us know how you get on.

Many thanks
Badge
That is what mine does as well, I have a Sony and I have changed as suggested my remote code but it still only controls the Sony sound even thought the Sonos playbar on the front flashes
I used the Sky article above to reprogramme the Sky remote so that it no longer controlled the TV (i used code 1234).
I then ran the Sonos remote control setup to use the Sky remote.
It now controls the Sonos, but not the TV directly.