Question

Cannot find or connect to Connect on S1...

• 10 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I updated my home router and network and was unable to update the Wifi settings on the connect in app, even when wired.  After much work, I did a factory reset, and still unable to locate my Sonos Connect using the S1 (or S2) app.

Any additional tips or methods to force connect or locate the device?

I have a separate S2 network running Play 3s just fine.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @JeepRqguvtxUuTIYbDaBruBA5B9yAhK8Q4lnaId_qiVoPIGsjkQPb6wDadn2xIPn-bXF_q1qlaEsCGKHl_uf---3Go1SsU-eXeTjaS_-TYAW4NkdvvpccsYB78ty0LhOSnSZI1UdeEOod.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I would like to ask some questions to better understand what is going on.

• What is the current prompt on the Sonos App?

• Is this a new router or the old router just made some changes on the Wifi name, password, and router settings?

• If this is a new router, Can I ask for the make and model of the router so we can check our internal articles of any known issues and possible workaround for the router?

• What is the light status of the Sonos Connect? Let me share with you the LED status guide from our support website.

• When we did the factory reset on the Sonos Connect, What specific steps (as detailed as you can provide) were followed? What light status did the Sonos Connect have after the process?

• Can we perform the factory reset by following the guide bellow accordingly?

• Unplug the Sonos Connect from power.

• (while the Sonos Connect is unplugged from power) press and hold the play/pause button or mute and unmute button.(small square above the volume (+) button).

• Plug the Sonos Connect into power while still pressing the play/pause button and wait for a green light.

• Open the Sonos app go to settings >> system >> add product and follow the prompts.

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

It was a new router, however I’ve moved the device back to my main home’s system with Play 3s working.  I am using Google Wifi system.

I reset the Connect as described above, waiting for the green light.  It cycles flashing green with white, I believe 3 flashes of each, cycling.  I am still unable to find/connect with S1 app doing the same.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @JeepR.

Thanks for the immediate and detailed response.

I would like to recommend contacting our technical support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting step as it is no longer a normal behavior. After a factory reset, The Sonos Connect which currently has a flashing green means it is ready to be set up, however still unable to be found by the Sonos app.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,