Question

Cannot Factory Reset Player 5 1st Generation

• 1 October 2016
  • 2 replies

I inherited a Sonos Player 5 1st Gen from a friend moving. I cannot do a Factory Reset. I followed the instructions on line and from customer care (unplug, wait 30 secs, plug at the same time as keeping the play/pause button pressed... also tried the mute button). The light stays white and does not go into orange or green.

I am looking for new suggestions or for a repair shop in San Francisco where I can get it diagnosed.
Many thanks,
Will

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It only has a play/pause button - even if it has a mute symbol it's a play/pause button following a software update some while back. So I'm puzzled as to what your alternative buttons are, and wonder if you are doing it right. Worth another go now?
Are you pressing the button whilst you apply power, then keeping it pressed? It can take a while before the flashing white changes to orange/white. You'd only release when you see orange.