Answered

Cannot connect to "Living Room" after update to iOS/tvOS 12 - iPhone, AppleTV, iPad

• 19 September 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
My Sonos Beam and speakers playing through the AppleTV were working before I updated the AppleTV to tvOS 12, and the iPhone / iPad to iOS 12. I can only play to Sonos via the Sonos app. If I try to play through the ATV or the iPhone / iPad, I get a message that it won't connect to the "Living Room". I've only restarted the iOS devices.

Other than some simple troubleshooting, I am trying to understand why this has happened. My wi-fi has not changed. I may have to reset my whole Sonos system and start over (not a problem for me). Just looking for some input if anyone else has similar problems.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by chrobison 19 September 2018, 23:28

Fixed it. Restarting the Sonos Beam made all the difference. I feel a little silly. I do tech support for a living.

Of course it was later in the evening when all this occurred. 🆒
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Fixed it. Restarting the Sonos Beam made all the difference. I feel a little silly. I do tech support for a living.

Of course it was later in the evening when all this occurred. 🆒