- Connected a speaker to my home router via ethernet, and it played.
- Power cycled ALL network hardware. No luck.
- Disconnected everything from my home network. I mean verything! Leaving everything disconnected, I then carefully and patiently cycled on my DSL modem, then router, then switch, then Sonos bridge, then computer. No luck.
- Repeated the above process but still no luck.
- Did a factory reset on the bridge, and the app sees it and tells me it is ready to connect a speaker.
- I plug in a speaker and keep it within 2 feet of the bridge. The app sees the serial number of the speaker and got my hopes up but it won't connect. The LED flashes red, then eventually goes to solid red.
- Trying a different speaker I can repeat the exact same process with the same results.
- I did a factory reset on the speaker itself, it starts to flash green, I proceed to set up, flashes red, then goes to solid red.
Very frustrating. Nothing has changes on my home network. Nothing new added. No issues elsewhere. My home wireless saturates the house as I have two access points that are awesome.
What am I doing wrong??? Ready to throw everything in the garbabe and go back to old school wired stereo!
Best answer by Airgetlam
I tend to agree with Misfit here. My initial thought was the power supply on the BRIDGE might be failing....but then you said that you plugged in other speakers to your router, and had the same issue. Did you happen to remove/unplug the BRIDGE first?
Aha, I misread your post. As near as I can tell from what you said, you're still trying to go "through" the BRIDGE. Try unplugging it from power and your router, and connect a speaker instead. May need to temporarily move the speaker, but since this is a temporary test, hopefully it's not too much of an issue.
If connecting another speaker rectifies your issue, then I'd say the power supply is indeed going/gone bad on the BRIDGE. You could get a replacement power supply on, for instance, Amazon, if you so desired, or replace the BRIDGE with a BOOST, which has a newer design, and works a little bit better. At least a better wifi antenna, and better rejection of interference.