Answered

Cannot add wireless network

• 10 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Recently I tried to connect to my Play1 speaker but was unable to find it on the casting menu.

Went into the Sonos app to try and readd the network, go through the steps but I’m stuck on “updating” whenever I try to add it.

Works on Ethernet but cannot get past this screen when trying to connect the WiFi. Tried restarting all devices, moving things closer together etc. but nothing.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by buzz 14 September 2022, 14:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Maybe see if this support link will assist you…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061

Maybe see if this support link will assist you…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061

Thanks for that! Unfortunately it didn’t help.

I can get as far as the stage where the Sonos looks to connect to my network, but no further

Hi. Is this your only Sonos device? I'll provisionally assume so.

With the speaker wired to your router, go to Settings, System, System Updates and Check for updates. If it says the system is fully up to date, fine. If it says system needs updating, run the update.  If it says the app needs updating, you need to update twice, first for the app and then the system.

Once that has been done go to System, Network, Manage Networks and add your current WiFi details by following the prompts.

Hi. Is this your only Sonos device? I'll provisionally assume so.

With the speaker wired to your router, go to Settings, System, System Updates and Check for updates. If it says the system is fully up to date, fine. If it says system needs updating, run the update.  If it says the app needs updating, you need to update twice, first for the app and then the system.

Once that has been done go to System, Network, Manage Networks and add your current WiFi details by following the prompts.

Hi John,

only device yes. Followed all of those steps, still stuck with this screen…

Have waited over 10 mins for this to clear but nothing…

Is this an S1 or S2 system? This looks like an iPhone controller screen. Sometimes I find that the controller gets its knickers tied in a knot. You can try force closing the controller, but I sometimes find that the successful approach is to uninstall the controller and fetch a fresh copy from the store. As you install the fresh copy be VERY careful to attach the controller to an existing system. Don’t install a new system. Nothing critical is stored in the controller. The players store music service registrations and SONOS Playlists.

After installing the fresh controller you’ll likely need to update the player.

Note that, if it’s been a couple years or more since you last updated the system, the above is not the best approach -- you will need further consult before uninstalling the controller. Avoid Factory Reset without further consult.

Is this an S1 or S2 system? This looks like an iPhone controller screen. Sometimes I find that the controller gets its knickers tied in a knot. You can try force closing the controller, but I sometimes find that the successful approach is to uninstall the controller and fetch a fresh copy from the store. As you install the fresh copy be VERY careful to attach the controller to an existing system. Don’t install a new system. Nothing critical is stored in the controller. The players store music service registrations and SONOS Playlists.

After installing the fresh controller you’ll likely need to update the player.

Note that, if it’s been a couple years or more since you last updated the system, the above is not the best approach -- you will need further consult before uninstalling the controller. Avoid Factory Reset without further consult.

Think this is an S2 system as there is an option to downgrade to an S1. Also accessing via iPhone.

Tried the above but nothing doing. I can’t be sure that I haven’t set it up as a new system… as it wasn’t recognising any systems so I may have in my early attempts at finding it set up a new one.

Tried to set up the wifi network using a different (android) phone too, but same results

We cannot rule out hardware failure.

While the unit is wired and operating, make sure that the WiFi user name and password are correct.

If this does not resolve the issue, you’ll need to work with SONOS support because they have access to system details.