Answered

Can't view Sonos Move using a UPnP Bridge plugin inside Logitech Media Server (LMS)

• 28 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Sometimes, I like to use Logitech Media Server (LMS) in addition to the Sonos app to control my Sonos devices. I have Sonos Move and a Sonos Play 5 (2nd edition). 

I installed a plugin in LMS called “UPNP/DLNA bridge”, so I can use desktop LMS and an app on my iPhone called Ipeng to control non-Squeezebox devices, including my 2 Sonos devices.

After installing the bridge plugin, I was able to initially see both my Sonos Move and my Sonos Play 5.

However, after about an hour, the Sonos Move disappeared from the list of available devices in LMS. What’s strange is that I can still view Sonos Play 5 and my Samsung TV (in addition to my Squeezebox Boom and Squeezebox Radio) in LMS.

When I open the list of plugins, under the list of "Players currently in the configuration file", the Sonos Move still is listed. I've tried hitting the "restart" button next to "Start the Bridge" but didn't work. I also tried rebooting the Sonos Move too. I can view both Sonos devices in my Sonos app, but again, I cannot view the Sonos Move in the LMS server, nor in my iPeng app which I used on iOS.

If there is anyone familiar with LMS and this plugin, I’d appreciate any troubleshooting suggestions. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 March 2021, 11:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Barrypg 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I am not familiar with Logitech Media Server but as the Move showed up for a while, it’s seems unlikely that it’s a configuration issue or it wouldn’t have showed up at all. I recommend you reboot your WiFi router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds.

If that doesn’t help, please try turning off any WiFi boosters or extenders.

It may help you to know that the Sonos Move will connect to 5GHz (unlike your Play:5) and will not connect to Sonosnet which is created by having an ethernet-wired Sonos product - because of this, it may be connecting to your network in a different way from the rest of your speakers.

Hopefully, we’ll hear from someone who has experience with LMS and Sonos.