Question

Can't use Spotify properly for last 2 months

• 14 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi, approx 2 months ago I started having issues with Spotify connect. I am no longer able to play directly from Spotify app.

Most of the time when in Spotify app, I can see all my Sonos speakers as available but when trying to choose either one of them I get:

• error saying that Spotify is not active on this device and music is still being played on my pc or phone
  • nothing is happening
  • it switches to Sonos speaker and shows that the music is playing but there is no sound coming from actual speaker and at  the same time Sonos app shows that nothing is being played
  • also on Sonos app I am getting errors like: the connection to Spotify was lost.

I swear I have tried all suggestions I have found here including shutting down router/sonos speakers/laptops/phones and bringing back in correct order in case there’s wifi noise (all my devices are using 2.4gh), logging in and out, reinstalling, pretty much everything but factory reset for my speakers. 

Can’t be more frustrated now because nothing helps. And I do not have this issue with any other app, just spotify. but that’s what I am using 90% of time and now the only way is to use through Sonos app and this is not a great experience, I need to be able to use Spotify directly. 

Just submitted diagnostics - 1934970965, can somebody look into this and help?  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @guerida

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thanks for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. We appreciate your time and all your effort in trying to resolve the issue. Let me help you with this.

Upon checking the diagnostic, interference was detected on your Sonos system and it's caused by poor wireless conditions. Wireless interference can occur when two or more wireless devices compete for the same WiFi space. If this overlap is causing performance issues, it can be quickly resolved by finding the source of the interference. You can also find instructions on how to reduce wireless interference in our short video. Also, the report shows that there's an audio dropout due to sync errors, and audio playback failure due to not enough bandwidth. This could be the reason why you're experiencing the issue.

Here are the steps that you can perform for the next troubleshooting steps you can do. 

• Make sure that the Spotify and Sonos applications are up to date.
  • In a wireless setup, your Sonos products connect to your home’s WiFi network.
    • Change the wireless channel in your router (please check your router manual for reference or you may seek assistance from your internet service provider).
    • change the wireless channel for the 2.4GHz network.
    • If the "Auto" channel is enabled - disable it
    • Set specific channel - 1, 6, or 11 (non-overlapping channels). Your Sonos is currently on channel 7.
    • Save the settings. Your router may restart while the settings are being saved.
  • ​Try removing other 3rd party wireless interferers (DECT phones, baby monitors, microwaves, etc.)
  • ​Relocate the affected speaker(s) to determine if it is a wireless range issue.
  • Hardwire one of your speakers to your router.
    • Test playback and observe Sonos performance.

If you're still facing the same, I recommend contacting our support team with your full network setup including the make and model of each device, and for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.