Answered

Can't update my sonos surround sound system error code 30

• 12 October 2018
  • 8 replies

I tried updating my sonos sound system many times but always get the error code 30. Tried using wifi or hard wire but neither worked. I have 2 play 1, play bar and the sub.
support diagnostics: 1446177919
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 12 October 2018, 22:58

I tried updating my sonos sound system many times but always get the error code 30. Tried using wifi or hard wire but neither worked. I have 2 play 1, play bar and the sub.

Hi there,

Welcome to the community, and thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. Error 30 usually means that there is a communication issue between your Sonos components. In this case, I see that there are some wireless communication errors showing up. This is usually caused by wireless interference from network networks. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using, channel 6 looks to be less crowded. Once changed, see if you can complete the update.
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi there,

Welcome to the community, and thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. Error 30 usually means that there is a communication issue between your Sonos components. In this case, I see that there are some wireless communication errors showing up. This is usually caused by wireless interference from network networks. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using, channel 6 looks to be less crowded. Once changed, see if you can complete the update.
How do you change the wireless channel?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
How do you change the wireless channel?

The channel can be changed from an iOS or Android app by heading into the settings menu and looking under advanced settings.

If you don't have an iOS or Android controller, you may be able to change the wireless channel your home router is using. If you changed your router's wireless channel to 6 or 1, it'll likely reduce interference.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
You access settings on the mobile app and from there choose the Advance Settings option. From there choose the SonosNet channel and you can change between Channel 1, 6 or 11 or any others that are available to you.

Good luck
Thank you, will try that. I did also tried hardwiring the sono devices straight to my router and i still wasn’t able to update the fireware. Hope this works somehow
I can’t access advanced settings because sonos require me to update the devices first. I can’t update the devices because the error 30. Please help me
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Are you sure it isn’t just the app that needs updating? If not, you probably need to hard wire one of the speakers to your router via ethernet cable?
I have this same problem - I get Error 30 every time I update my system, but only on the components in my surround sound room. The other components in the house update just fine.

It never used to happen, but had happened during the last 5 or 6 updates. I try to update it several times, then always have to unplug everything & update them one by one by hardwiring into the router.

I just submitted my diagnostics - code 1682078931.

How do I make this stop to I can go back to simple software updates?

Thanks for your help!